Please see below for important changes to the procedures at the Practice;
GP Appointments – Face-to-face appointments will be changed to telephone or video where possible.
Blood test appointments – Clinically prioritised blood tests will still be going ahead at Linden Medical Centre, however a lot of routine bloods may be postponed or cancelled.
Nursing Appointments – Nurse appointments will be clinically prioritised. The majority of all the clinical nursing work, e.g. dressings and injections will be going ahead.
Attending the Practice
- Please only attend the Practice if you have been asked to do so.
- If you are due to attend the practice in person soon, please ensure you wear a face covering. This is to minimise the risk of Coronavirus transmission during your attendance and keep the practice safe for staff and patients. Please see the government advice on how to make and wear and a face covering here www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering
- If you are attending for an appointment please arrive no more than 5 minutes before the appointment.
- If you have been requested to attend the practice you will be greeted by a healthcare professional in the foyer area who will perform basic screening including checking your temperature. Following a satisfactory screening result you will be directed to the appropriate location within the practice.
Our branch site, Ise Medical based at French Drive will be closed until further notice, except when we are holding specific clinics. Please do not attend the Ise Medical Centre unless you are told to do so.
Long Term Condition Reviews
Any patients with a long term condition(s) will be contacted by the Practice (usually via a telephone call) when your annual review is due.
We will be sending ALL prescriptions to a nominated pharmacy via EPS. If you do not have a nominated pharmacy, you can nominate one by logging into your online service account or call us after 10:00 on 01536 481734 and we will set this up for you.
If you are not registered with a doctor in the area at this time we will still be accepting new patient registrations, however please follow the new procedure detailed below;
1. Please print the registration pack from our website or phone 01536 527056 or 01536 527073 to request a pack to be sent in the post.
2. Once you have completed the registration forms, contact the Practice on 01536 527056 or 01536 527073 to arrange a suitable time to attend the practice to complete your registration. You will need to bring 2 forms of ID with you (passport/driving licence and utility bill with your current address on, dated within the last 3 months.
3. When you attend to register, you will be greeted by a Healthcare professional who will perform basic screening including checking your temperature, following a satisfactory screening result, your registration forms and identification documents will be given to a member of staff to check/copy. You will then be advised if any further information is required.
Many thanks for your co-operation; further updates will follow in due course.